- Latest Update: January 12, 2021 12:01 pm
Anjum Chopra was born on 20-05-1977 in New Delhi, India. She is a former Indian Cricket Player & Cricket Commentator.
Anjum Chopra Biography, Relationship & Career
Anjum Chopra’s love affair with cricket started when she was only 9 years old. After representing the inter-college group, she was straightaway drafted from the Delhi U-15 group, and then, she never looked back.
She made her international debut at age 17 on the New Zealand Women’s cricket team in 1995. Chopra was an all timing player and her strength was to discover the gaps and deft touches. At the tour of England in 1999, she scored a sparkling hundred and for over a decade was India’s premier batswomen. Apart from batting, she was also a useful medium-pace bowler also. She was also a secure slip fielder and had barely left the ball to go by her hands.
In 2002, she was asked to direct the Indian Women’s cricket group. She led India to a successful overseas test win in South Africa and whitewashed the visiting England team in 2002. Her trainer Sudha Shah though felt that her style of play is much more suited to the longer version of this game.
Post-retirement, she finished her MBA and became a motivational speaker and consultant and has also conducted corporate events for brands like Goldman Sachs, Standard Charted Bank, and Vodafone among others. She’s also a commentator and has been seen commentating from the IPL and worldwide matches also. Lately, she had been nominated by India’s Prime Minister, Narendra Modi to be part of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and she expressed her gratitude for the same in her social networking account.
She had been born to golfer Krishan Bal Chopra and Poonam Chopra. She has an elder brother called Nirav Chopra who was also a state-level cricketer. Anjum is married to an IAS officer from Delhi.
Body Measurements of Anjum Chopra
Personal Info of Anjum Chopra
|Home Town||New Delhi|
|Address||New Delhi, India|
|School||Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram, New Delhi|
|College||St. Stephen's College, New Delhi FORE School of Management, New Delhi|
|Qualification||MBA in Human Resource & Marketing|
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket & Golf, Watching Movies|
Favourite things of Anjum Chopra
|Favorite color||Blue, Black|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Anjum Chopra
- She was the first female Indian cricketer who has scored the hundred.
- Anjum has represented India in 4 World Cups. Just Charlotte Edwards of England and Karon Rolton of Australia are the only two other female gamers that have played that many Wolrd Cups for their respective nations.
- She was good enough to play alongside Guys in cricket. She spent some time in the Kolkata Knight Rider's nets.
- Anjum was roped in by the South African cricket management committee Before the World Cup in India in an advisory role.
- Anjum has been appointed as a'Goodwill Ambassador' in South Africa to raise awareness for'Breast Cancer' for girls.
- She's co-authored a coffee table book titled'Women's Cricket World -- A Journey from 1745-2013.
- She has also acted in a docudrama titled 'Poor Cousins of Million Dollar Babies'.