- Latest Update: December 12, 2020 11:54 am
Asha has given her voice to songs in tens of thousands of Bollywood Films and is well known for her versatility as a singer.
|Other Name:||Asha Mangeshkar, Asha Ji, Asha Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle-Burman|
|Other Professions:||Entrepreneur Musician Playback Singer|
Asha Bhosle Biography, Relationship & Career
Asha started off her singing career by singing songs for low budget Hindi films but soon conquered the business with her melodious and soothing voice. She gained initial popularity with the songs she sang for the movie Parineeta (1953), Boot Polish (1954), C.I.D. (1956) and Naya Daur (1957).
She has well recognized in the music industry through her songs”Maang Ke Saath Tumhara” and”Uden Jab Jab Zulfein Teri”. Afterward, there was no looking back on the remarkable singer, and she became one of the most amazing Singers India has ever produced. Asha has also released some of her own albums and some in cooperation with other singers.
Asha is the sister of veteran Playback singers Lata and Usha Mangeshkar.
She had been born to Deenanath Mangeshkar and Shevanti Mangeshkar. Famous Indian playback singer Lata Mangeshkar, Usha Mangeshkar, and Meena Khadikar are her sisters. Musician Hridaynath Mangeshkar is her brother. Radha Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle’s niece is also a singer. She got married to Ganpatrao Bhosle and has three kids. The couple separated in 1960 and Asha had a second marriage with the renowned music director, R.D. Burman in the year 1980.
Body Measurements of Asha Bhosle
Personal Info of Asha Bhosle
|Home Town||Sangli, Maharashtra|
|Address||Sangli, Sangli State, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Singing, Listening Music, Reading|
Favourite things of Asha Bhosle
|Favorite color||Black, White|
|Favorite food||Fish and Chips|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Asha Bhosle
- She retains "honorary doctorates" in the University of Amravati and the University of Jalgaon at (Literature)
- She was honored with the Padma Vibhushan by the Government of India.
- In 2011"the Guinness Book of World Records "officially acknowledged Bhosle, for "the most studio records (singles) for recording up to 11,000 solo, chorus-backed and duet songs and in over (20) Indian languages since 1947".
- At age 11, she performed her first song," Chala Chala Nav Bala" for the film ( soundtrack-1943).
- In 2000, she was honored by the Government of India with the esteemed "Dadasaheb Phalke Award".
- In 1997, she had been India's singer to be nominated for a Grammy.
- She's also a cooking master who's famous among her loved ones, friends, and coworkers for her tasty meals, especially because of her dishes ( prawn patties and paya curry).
- She's won twice the "National Film Award for the Best Female Playback Singer" for the tunes: Dil Cheez Kya Hai (Umrao Jaan)-1981, Mera Kuch Samaan (Ijaazat)-1986.
- In 2000, she honored by the "Singer of the Millennium" award in Dubai.