- Latest Update: January 12, 2021 2:24 pm
Bryan Adams is a Canadian Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Photographer, Philanthropist, Voice Artist, Lawyer & Activist who well known for his work in North America.
Bryan Adams Biography, Relationship & Career
He is widely known for his popular songs like”Summer of’69”,”Run to You””I Do It for You”,”Heaven”,”Here I Am”,”All for Love””Straight From The Heart”,”Get Off My Back”,”When You’re Gone”,”Cloud Number Nine”,”Someone”,”You Belong To Me”,”Please Forgive Me” and several more.
He’s a guitar, bass guitar, harmonica, and piano experience and is considered among the greatest in Rock and popular music. He gained initial fame with his album Cuts Like a Knife and Reckless. Later in 1991, his song”I Do It For You” peaked several music charts around the world and was ranked No.1 for 16 consecutive weeks in the United Kingdom.
He’s bagged 20 Juno Awards, MTV, American music, ASCAP Awards in his career. He has fifteen Grammy Award nominations, five Golden Globe Awards nominations, and three times Academy Awards nominations for various categories. He was honored with the Order of Canada and the Order of British Columbia for his contributions to music and philanthropy. In 2011, he was appointed into the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Additionally, in 2006, he was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame at Juno Awards. The 50th Anniversary Billboard Hot 100 Charts of 2008, ranked Bryan Adams in 38th position.He is among the best-selling music artists in the world with over 100 million albums sold worldwide. His spouse Alicia Grimaldi is also a trustee and co-founder of The Bryan Adams Foundation that aims at helping the education of kids around the world.
He was born to Conrad J. Adams and Elizabeth Jane Adams. He has a brother called Bruce Adams. He is in a relationship with Alicia Grimaldi from 2009.
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Bryan Adams
- Bryan Adams actually quit school when he was only 16 years old to pursue music and convinced his mom to let him spend his college savings on a grand piano instead.
- Bryan Adams' fourth album "Reckless" was a Canadian sales juggernaut. It was really the very first album by a Canadian artist to sell a million copies in Canada. But lived in Europe and Asia through different parts of his childhood because his father was a Canadian Foreign Service diplomat.
- Along with audio, Adams is also a successful photographer. His work was published in British Vogue, L'uomo Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Esquire, Interview magazine, and i-D. He also has shot big-money ad campaigns for Guess Jeans, Sand, Converse, Montblanc, John Richmond, and Fred Perry among others.
- Bryan Adams was once rumored to have had an affair with the late Princess of Wales. Adams' ex-girlfriend Cecilie Thomsen claims he dated Diana back in 1996 when she split from Prince Charles.
- Bryan Adams has been nominated for a whopping 58 Juno awards in his career up to now.
- Adams is a proud Canadian but lives in the UK. He lives in Chelsea, London with his longtime girlfriend Alicia Grimaldi and their two daughters.
- In his career up to now, Adams was nominated for 15 Grammy Awards but could win it only once.