- Latest Update: January 12, 2021 2:25 pm
Devi Shetty was born on 08-05-1953 in Mangalore in the state of Karnataka, India. He is an Indian Doctor, Chairperson & Founder of Narayana Health.
Devi Shetty Biography, Relationship & Career
Devi Prasad Shetty is a highly popular name in the area of the healthcare sector in India. He’s a cardiac surgeon, who has done more than 15,000 heart surgeries until now. He was a brilliant student during the school days. When he was in the tenth standard he had heard about the outstanding Dr. Christian Barnard who is a South African surgeon. It is at this point, he decided to become a heart surgeon. He first completed his graduate degree in Medicine and after that post-graduation from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore in General Surgery.
He had done training at the Guy’s Hospital in the Uk. After that, he came back to India and worked at the B.M. Birla Hospital. Thereafter he started the Manipal Heart Foundation in Bangalore. In the year 2001, he founded a multi-specialty hospital called Narayana Hrudayalaya (NH) near Bangalore city. This hospital is built with the aim of giving health care services at a very low cost. In Narayana Hrudayalaya (NH), you will find most of the healthcare solutions apart from cardiac surgery like nephrology, cardiology, pediatric surgery, neurosurgery, transplant services, and nephrology. This hospital also aims to cure over 15,000 patients every day. Devi Shetty has collaborated with Ascension Health with Narayana Hrudayalaya in the Cayman Islands to provide 2,000 beds.
The model of the Narayana Hrudayalaya has a very nice and simple business model. It will worth to mention that the pediatric circulatory system at the Narayana Hrudayalaya is one of the largest centers in the world. He has made a very vital contribution to the health sector in India. Lots of young aspiring physicians have taken immense inspiration from this brilliant person.
Personal Info of Devi Shetty
|Address||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|College||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore Guy's Hospital, London|
|Net worth||$1 Billion|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Devi Shetty
- Shetty has signed an MOU with the Karnataka Government during the Global Investor's meet to build a 1000 crore 5,000 mattress super specialty hospital near the Bangalore International Airport.
- He has performed over 15,000 heart surgeries.
- Yeshasvini is the world's cheapest comprehensive medical insurance scheme, at Rs.10 per month, designed by Shetty and the Government of Karnataka for the poor farmers of this state.
- Won 2011 The Economist Innovation Awards for the Company process field.
- Dr.Shetty is the first heart surgeon in India to perform neo-natal open-heart surgery, the first surgeon in India to use an artificial heart and several others.