- Latest Update: December 10, 2020 10:33 am
Hema Malini was born on 16-10-1948 in Ammankudi, Thanjavur in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. She’s an Indian Film Actress, Dancer, Television Actress, Television Director, Television Producer, Screenwriter & Politician. She’s famous for her work in Bollywood Industry as well as in Tamil, Telugu & Bhojpuri cinema.
|Other Name:||Dream Girl, Hema Malini R. Chakravarty, Hema Malini Deol, Hema Deol|
|Other Professions:||Dancer Politician Screen writer Television Actress Television Director Television Producer|
Hema Malini Biography, Relationship & Career
Hema Malini started off as a dancer at a regional film in the year 1961. On her first attempt to catch a role, she was rejected by a noted Tamil movie director named C.V. Sridhar. She finally made her Hindi film debut with the movie titled’Sapnon Ka Saudagar’ opposite Raj Kapoor in the year 1968. The film though boomed in the box office, she got noticed. Since that time there was no looking back with this gorgeous actress who acted in over 150 films. She has directed and produced a few movies and has also led the famed television show ‘Noopur’.
She rejected the marriage proposal from seasoned actors like Jeetendra and Sanjeev Kumar. Then she met Dharmendra and the two of them began dating each other while Dharmendra was already married. The couple eventually married in 1979.
She’d made a formidable onscreen meeting with Dev Anand, Shashi Kapoor, and Dharmendra in the decade of the 1970s. Following her marriage with Dharmendra, she left a formidable set with Rajesh Khanna and gave 8 hits with him. In all, she and Dharmendra worked together in 35 movies and the majority of them were strikes. Off late, she began playing mother’s character, and one of her current roles, her performance in the film Baghban opposite Amitabh Bachchan gained her wide acclaims. She continues to act in films as of 2017. Besides the silver screen, she has also acted in television series like Jai Mata Ki and Kamini Damini. She formally joined BJP in the year 2004 and from 2003 to 2009 functioned as a Rajya Sabha MP. In 2014, she was eventually handed the Lok Sabha ticket and won with a thumping win with a margin of more than 3.25 lakh votes against the incumbent Jayant Chaudhary in the Mathura Constituency. In the 2019 general elections also, she defended her constituency.
She had been born to V.S.R. Chakravarthy and Jaya Chakravarthy. She has two brothers called R.J. Chakravarti & R.K. Chakravarti. Together the couple is blessed with two brothers named Esha Deol (married to Bharat Takhtani) and Ahana Deol (married to Vaibhav Vohra).
Body Measurements of Hema Malini
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Personal Info of Hema Malini
|Home Town||Ammankudi, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu.|
|Address||43, Shakunt Plot No.17, Jaihind Society, 12th Road, JVPD Juhu, Mumbai Upnagar, Teh.-Andheri, Dist.-Mumbai, Pin-400049|
|School||Andhra Mahila Sahiba, Chennai. Delhi Tamil Education Association Sr. Sec. School, New Delhi.|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Driving, Doing Yoga|
|Net worth||$60 Million|
Favourite things of Hema Malini
|Favorite color||Black, Red|
|Favorite food||Rice with Rasam, Green Tea, Curd|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Hema Malini
- Hema Malini is a 10th standard dropout as she always wanted to get into movies.
- The fantasy woman got her first Filmfare award for Seeta aur Geeta in 1972.
- For raising her voice to oppose cruelty to animals and for her staunch commitment to a humane vegetarian diet, she's won the name PETA Person of the Year in 2011.
- Hema Malini was one of the first few actresses to wear bell bottoms and tops on Silver Screen.
- In her autobiography'Hema Malini: The Authorized Biography' she shows that Jeetendra and Sanjeev Kapoor, two of the greatest superstars of the retro age, approached her with a marriage proposal. However, it was Dharmendra who won her heart.
- In a scene in Sholay in which Dharmendra is seen teaching pistol to Hema Malini, Dharmendra paid the mild boys to make mistakes throughout the shots that he gets an opportunity to embrace the celebrity.
- As Dharmendra was married and had four kids, Hema Malini and Dharmendra converted to Islam. Post conversion Hema was called Aisha Bi R Chakravarty and Dharmendra was named Dilawar Khan.
- Shah Rukh Khan is Hema Malini's present to Bollywood. She was the person who gave Bollywood fracture to King Khan after watching him in Fauji (TV Serial). Hema signed him for Dil Ashana Hai (1992) that can be her directorial debut.