- Latest Update: January 12, 2021 1:36 pm
Kavita Krishnamurthy is a great Indian playback Singer who was born on 25 January 1958, in New Delhi, India.
|Other Name:||Sharada Krishnamurthy, Kavita Subramaniam, Kavita Krishnamurthy Subramaniam|
|Other Professions:||Fusion Artist Singer Television Personality|
Kavita Krishnamurthy Biography, Relationship & Career
At the young age of nine, she got a chance to record a Tagore song in Bengali with the legendary Lata Mangeshkar under the auspices of the music composer Hemant Kumar. Although the young Kavita was aspiring to be working with the Indian Foreign Services, Kavita moved to Bombay when she was 14 to try her luck as a playback singer in the Hindi film industry. After she finished her school education, she is an alumnus of the St. Xaviers’ College, Bombay from where she acquired her Ph.D. in Economics. She was also very active in the St. Xaviers’ Music Group in her college days.
Laxmikant gave her an option to work as a dubbing artiste or a career in playback singing later. Kavita chose the former and impressed Laxmikant with her strong grounding in Indian classical music and her soulful timbre. Initially, she used to record songs and cut demos of songs intended for singers like Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle.
In 1985, her career took off with her first big hit,”Tumse Milkar Na Jaane Kyon”. Post the success of the tune, it opened up various opportunities beyond the Laxmikant-Pyarelal camp. “Hawa Hawaii” and”Karte Hain Hum Pyaar Mr. India Se”, two popular songs from the popular movie Mr. India (1987) proved a turning point for her. (The song was composed by music directors Laxmikant-Pyarelal and lip-synced on screen by actress Sridevi). The collaboration of Kavita and Laxmikant-Pyarelal produced many hits. Afterwards, as she established herself and received the patronage of composers like R. D. Burman and Ismail Darbar.
Although primarily a playback singer, Kavita has sung with orchestras as a soloist; she collaborated with Western artists from jazz, pop and classical fields. She has lent her voice for many An album. Another you one singer and as a playback singer, Kavita has performed throughout India. In 2014, she also sang a song titled”Koi Chahat Koi Hasrat” for the album Women’s Day Special: Spreading Melodies Everywhere. It was composed by Nayab Raja and composed by Dipti Mishra.
Body Measurements of Kavita Krishnamurthy
Personal Info of Kavita Krishnamurthy
|Home Town||New Delhi|
|Address||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|College||St. Xaviers College, Mumbai|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (B. A.) in Economics|
|Hobbies||Writing and Cooking|
Favourite things of Kavita Krishnamurthy
|Favorite food||Homemade Healthy Fod|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Kavita Krishnamurthy
- She took her first music lessons from her aunt, Rabindra Sangeet.
- Her aunt used her contact to be certain that Kavitha gets an early break to the industry.
- She was country's lead singer during the decade of the 1990s in which she sang some of the most iconic Bollywood songs like'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam','Khamoshi: The Musical', and'1942: A Love Story' among others.
- She was the voice behind favourite hit songs that were picturized on Sridevi.
- In her 30 years career, she's recorded 18000 plus tunes in sixteen languages.
- She won a first gold medal at age eight in a music competition at New Delhi.
- She has no children and is a step-mother of four children.
- She has obtained an honour much time by several awards and has also confirmed Padma Shri in 2005.
- She has launched an Android app because 2013 to free download in Google Play Store and Apple.