- Latest Update: January 11, 2021 1:07 pm
|Birthday||04 August 1929 (Sunday)|
|Date of death||13 October 1987 (Tuesday)|
|Birth Place||Khandwa , Madhya Pradesh|
|Age (in 1987)||58 years 2 months 9 days Old|
|Height||in centimeters- 171 cm
in meters- 1.71 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 7" ins
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165.35 lbs
He was an Indian Singer, Playback Singer, Film Actor, Film Producer, Film Director, Lyricist, Composer, Screenwriter, Musician & Comedian who known for his work in Bollywood (Hindi) & Bengali business.
|Other Name:||Abhas Kumar Ganguly|
|Other Professions:||Comedian Composer Film Actor Film Director Film Producer Lyricist Musician Playback Singer Screenwriter|
Kishore Kumar Biography, Relationship & Career
He was born as Abhas Kumar Ganguly in a Bengali family. Abhas was interested in music from a young age though he didn’t have any formal instruction. He followed his brother Ashok into Bombay and changed his name to Kishore as he embarked on a professional career.
The soulful voice behind many of the hit Bollywood songs of yesteryears’ superstar Rajesh Khanna, playback singer Kishore Kumar was a one of a kind and eccentric personality. A multifaceted personality, he wasn’t merely a playback singer, but also an actor, comedian, lyricist, composer, producer cum manager. Among the most recognized and well-loved male voices of Hindi cinema, Kishore Kumar was also a much emotionally unstable personality, a genius bothered by the weights of his own abilities. Born as the youngest one of the siblings to a wealthy Bengali family, Kishore’s venture into filmdom simply happened by chance. In actuality, it’s only a quirk of fate that the man who would one day become the voice of India’s superstars didn’t even get basic training in music!
Regarded as among the most successful male playback singers of Indian theatre, Kishore Kumar was a class apart. He sang not just in the Hindi language, but also in many other languages including Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Oriya, and Urdu. He was the proud recipient of eight Filmfare awards for Best Male Playback Singer, the first of which he had won for the song’Roop Tera Mastana’ in the film ‘Aradhana’ in 1969.
He had been born to Kunjlal Ganguly and Gouri Devi. He had two brothers called Ashook Kumar and Anup Kumar. He had a sister called Sati Devi. Together the couple had a son called Amit Kumar. He was married to Leena Chndravarkar from 1980 till his death in 1987. Together the couple had a daughter called Sumit Kumar.
Personal Info of Kishore Kumar
|Home Town||Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh|
|Address||Gouri Kunj, Kishore Kumar ganguly Marg, Juhu, Mumbai - 400049|
|College||Christian College, Indore|
|Hobbies||Reading and Writing|
Favourite things of Kishore Kumar
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Kishore Kumar
- In the year 1997, the Madhya Pradesh Government initiated an award called the "Kishore Kumar Award" as a contribution to Hindi cinema.
- Kumar was profoundly inspired by singer K. L. Saigal and imitated his style of singing in a number of his early movies.
- He staged 245 tunes for Rajesh Khanna, 202 for Jeetendra, 119 for Dev Anand and 131 for Amitabh.
- Sanjay Gandhi requested Kishore to sing for an Indian National Congress rally in Mumbai during the emergency (1975-77), but he refused. Because of this, Information and broadcasting minister Vidya Charan Shukla set an unofficial ban on playing Kishore Kumar songs on state broadcasters All India Radio and Doordarshan from 1976 until the conclusion of the emergency.
- Although Kishore Kumar was a highly gifted character, he was quite eccentric by character. Many times he'd get into personal conflicts with celebrities and stop singing for them.