- Latest Update: January 12, 2021 1:36 pm
|Birthday||14 February 1933 (Tuesday)|
|Date of death||23 February 1969 (Sunday)|
|Age (in 1969)||36 years 0 months 9 days Old|
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 4" ins
|Weight||in Kilograms- 55 kg
in Pounds- 121.25 lbs
Madhubala was born on 14 February 1933, Delhi, British India. She had been an Indian Film Actress who was known for her work in Hindi and Malayalam Cinema. Her birth name is Begum Mumtaz Jehan Dehlavi. She had been given a nickname Venus Queen.
|Other Name:||Majhlee Aapa, Madhu, Baby Mumtaz, Mumtaz Jehan Begum Dehlavi, The Beauty with Tragedy, The Venus Queen of Indian Cinema, Marilyn Monroe of Bollywood, Venus Queen, Anarkali of Hindi Cinema|
|Other Professions:||Film Producer|
Madhubala Biography, Relationship & Career
Madhubala was arguably the most prepossessing actress to ever grace the Silver Screen; Madhubala rose from undistinguished background to become the most enthralling star Hindi cinema has ever produced. Madhubala entered the cinematic world at the tender age of eight. She did kid artist roles for five years before getting her first break in a lead role at the age of 14 at Kidar Sharma’s film Neel Kamal in 1947, she played a romantic lead against the budding star, Raj Kapoor. Through this film, Madhubala announced her came on the silver screen. Over the next few years she’d evolved into a truly ecstatic beauty and with the film Mahal in 1949, she literally became an overnight superstar.
During the 1950s, she had been marked by areas of true prowess – films such as Tarana, Mr. & Mrs.’55 and undoubtedly the biggest hit of her career Mughal-E-Azam showcased her outstanding abilities as a serious artiste across different genres and exhibited what this exquisite beauty was truly talented of. However, many in that believed her beauty sometimes overshadowed her acting skills. Her beauty also curious various Hollywood filmmakers and she became one the first Indian actress to be showcased in Hollywood famous magazine Theatre Arts. A complete article in the magazine has been dedicated to her with the title”The Biggest Star on earth – and she’s not in Beverly Hills” in the year 1952. She even received Hollywood offers from renowned American manager named Frank Capra. Her father who looked after her job denied the deal.
She appeared alongside all of the veterans of the Bollywood then. In some movies, she overshadowed her male co-actors, she was so popular then. In all, she appeared in over 70 films and became a name which won’t ever be forgotten.
Personal Info of Madhubala
|Address||Carter's Road, Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Favourite things of Madhubala
|Favorite color||Red, Black|
|Favorite food||Chicken Biryani|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Madhubala
- Her pairing with legendary actor Dilip Kumar was very famous during the decade of the 1950s.
- She also sent a love letter in Urdu and a rose to Dilip Kumar on the collections of movie Tarana in the year 1951.
- Since her father had objection in her doing intimate scene, manager K. Asif sent her assistant to take her father out and play rummy with him and keep losing until the scenes are shot.
- Her 1950 movie Hanste Aansoo was the first ever Hindi film for an"A" meaning adults only rating from the Central Board of Film Certification.
- The colourized version of her top famous film Mughal-e-Azam was released after 35 years of her passing.
- On 10-08-2017, a statue of Anarkali (Madhubala's famous courtesan) was established in Madame Tussauds, a Wax Museum.
- In 2018, a belated obituary was published for her by the New York Times.