Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Latest Update: December 12, 2020 12:00 pm
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Mahendra Singh Dhoni popularly called M. S. Dhoni is a wonderful Cricket Player who was born on July 7, 1981, in Ranchi, Bihar, India.
|Other Name:||M. S. Dhoni, Mahi, MS, MSD, Captain Cool|
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Biography, Relationship & Career
This terrific Indian Cricketer dominated the Indian team as a captain for a long duration in the limited-overs arrangement between 2007 and 2016 and in Test Cricket between 2008 and 2014. Dhoni is a tactical right-handed batsman and brilliant wicket-keeper. He’s best known for the manner in which he will complete the limited-overs cricket game. But, his ODI debut game was against Bangladesh in the year 2004 and played with his debut test match in the successive year.
The Indian captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni was solely accountable for attaining back to back decorations after taking over the responsibility from Rahul Dravid. Additionally, the most notable decorations bagged from the Indian cricket team are ICC World Cup Twenty20 (2007), CB Series (2007 — 2008), Asia Cup (2010), ICC Cricket World Cup (2011), and ICC Champions Trophy (2013).
As a matter of fact, Dhoni is the first captain that has won 3 ICC limited-overs decorations and he tends to break the record. In his captaincy, the Indian team had attained the position number 1 in the ICC test rankings in 2009. He chose to hand on the captaincy baton to Virat Kohli in 2017 as he chose to play just as a participant. He’s as healthy as ever and the Indian team will be relying heavily on his expertise to bring home the World Cup in 2019.
He resigned from Air India where he previously employed and was chosen as the Vice President of India Cements Ltd.. Additionally, Dhoni is the co-owner of Chennaiyin FC. Lately, in the year 2016, a film named M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story was released according to his biography.
He had been born to Pan Singh and Devaki Devi. He’s an elder brother called Narendra Singh Dhoni and an elder sister called Jayanti Gupta. He’s married to Sakshi Doni and the couple is blessed with a girl named Ziva Dhoni.
Body Measurements of Mahendra Singh Dhoni
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Personal Info of Mahendra Singh Dhoni
|Home Town||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Address||Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|School||DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|College||St. Xaviers College, Ranchi|
|Hobbies||Biking and playing football|
Favourite things of Mahendra Singh Dhoni
|Favorite color||Blue and Black|
|Favorite sport||Cricket, Football|
|Favorite food||Chicken Butter Masala, Chicken Tikka Pizza, Kebabs, Yellow Dal, Sonpapdi, Gulab Jamun and Rasgullas|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Before taking up cricket fulltime, Dhoni excelled in soccer and badminton.
- Dhoni was an superb goalkeeper and his abilities in soccer captured the attention of his youth trainer Keshav Bannerjee, who urged him to try his hand at cricket and wicketkeeping.
- He was a Travelling Ticket Examiner (TTE) in Kharagpur railway station from 2001 to 2003.
- Whilst playing for the Central Coal Fields Limited at the Sheesh Mahal championship, Dhoni used to get Rs 50 out of his trainer Deval Sahay for every six he hit in the games.
- He is the only captain in world cricket to win all three ICC decorations - 2007 World T20, 2011 World Cup and 2013 Champions Trophy.
- Dhoni made sure to keep his marriage away from the media glare and it was attended only by his close family and friends members
- Dhoni has struck the most global sixes as captain (204).
- Dhoni has always claimed that the Army is his first love and has been conferred the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel on 1 November 2011.