- Latest Update: January 12, 2021 1:31 pm
Naveen Patnaik was born on 16-10-1946 in Cuttack in the state of Odisha, India.
Naveen Patnaik Biography, Relationship & Career
Naveen Patnaik is the current chief minister of the Odisha state. He’s worked very difficultly for the growth of this Odisha state. He has made very big efforts for making the country economically very strong.
In the childhood days, he was called”Pappu” amongst his friends and family members. His few first childhood days were spent in Cuttack. In the college days, he excelled in athletics, oil paintings, and background. He was quite an outstanding painter and enjoyed the history subject in college days. Naveen completed his college from The Doon School which is in Dehradun after which he did his Bachelor’s Degree in Arts from Delhi University.
He entered politics in the year 1997 when his father Biju Patnaik died. He then founded Biju Janata Dal party. His party won the elections at the state making an alliance with BJP, where Naveen became the chief minister of Odisha state. He has excellent control over the government, which has resulted in giving nice development in the state. The government of Naveen Patnaik is effective in helping poor people and curbing corruption, which has led him to make victory in most of the elections.
As he’s spent his early days mostly out of the state, he does not know Odia proficiently. He happens to be the only chief minister of India who doesn’t know the regional language properly. He’s very good in other languages such as Hindi, English, and French. However, he speaks Odia mainly written in the Roman language.
Aside from politics, he also has an interest in writing, where his four books are published and popular. The India Today nation poll has ranked him as the Most Popular Chief Minister of India. The NDTV Poll rated him Best Performing Chief Minister. His sincere efforts for the development of the nation have gained him great fame. Up to now, he is the only person who will serve as the CM of a state for listing 5 terms.
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Naveen Patnaik
- Within an alluring manner, Naveen dabbled in the world of high fashion. Very few might know that during 1960s, he had opened a fashion boutique called the Psychedelhi and one of his close friends in the capital's renowned Oberoi Hotel.
- He is an art lover. He is the key person in establishing Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage.
- Famous personalities like Mick Jagger and US first lady Jacqueline Kennedy are his close friends.
- He traveled extensively till the age of 50.
- He's a voracious reader.
- He has tendency towards oil paintings.