- Latest Update: January 12, 2021 1:33 pm
|Birthday||19 December 1919 (Friday)|
|Date of death||21 February 1998 (Saturday)|
|Birth Place||Jammu , Jammu and Kashmir|
|Age (in 1998)||78 years 2 months 2 days Old|
|Height||in centimeters- 5’ 6” cm
Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/biographywikia/public_html/wp-content/themes/bau/template-parts/content-biography.php on line 123
in Feet Inches-
Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/biographywikia/public_html/wp-content/themes/bau/inc/general.php on line 1237
0' 1" ins
|Weight||in Kilograms- 79 kg
in Pounds- 174.16 lbs
Om Prakash was born on 19-12-1919 in Jammu in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, India.
|Other Name:||Om Prakash Chibber|
Om Prakash Biography, Relationship & Career
Om Prakash after completing studies started working in the AIR (All India Radio) on a monthly salary of merely Rs 25 from the year 1937. He was remembered as”Fateh Din”, a radio celebrity and his demonstrations made him famous all over Punjab in addition to in Lahore.Very interestingly he made his debut at the Lahore film industry for example he was entertaining people at a union and the same moment the renowned filmmaker of Hindi films Dalsukh Pancholi watched his act in that service and he asked to meet him in his office situated in Lahore.
Pancholi gave him his first break in the film Daasi for a hero. Despite the film gained him the kind of focus that gave him a moderate of sustenance for life. He grabbed his excellent work in Daasi and also inAayee Bahar as well as in Dhamki for Pancholi’s productions. He came to Delhi after the Partition and later he moved to Bombay. BR Chopra was the first person in the Industry who noticed his talent when he encouraged him to move on with his career in acting.
He had to confront the struggle in the first phase of his career in the film industry.His first debut film was Lakhpati in which he played a role of a villain. It gained him fame and became a benchmark for getting the roles in the movies like Char Din, Raat Ki Rani, and Lahore.
He was also fortunate to work with Dada Muni Ashok Kumar in Howrah Bridge and with Dev Anand he worked in Tere Ghar Ke Samne. He had developed his own, style which placed and earned him huge popularity as a supporting actor as well as a comedian in the’50s to’70s. Om Prakash had exceptional compatibility with Amitabh Bachchan and worked together in various hit and successful films like Zanjeer and Sharaabi.As a producer he produced films like Gateway of India-1957, Sanjog (1961), and Jahan Ara (1964). On 21 February 1998,he died in Mumbai because of massive heart attack.
Body Measurements of Om Prakash
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Om Prakash
- His most notable work in the movies such as Howrah Bridge, 10 lakh, Padosan, Chupke Chupke, Namak Halal, Golmal, Chameli Ki Shaadi, Sharaabi, and Lavaris.
- As a producer, he produced movies like Gateway of India-1957, Sanjog-1961, and Jahan Ara-1964.
- He started working in the AIR (All India Radio) on a monthly salary of only Rs 25 from the year 1937.
- He had a powerful duo pair with Amitabh Bachchan such as Sharaabi and Zanjeer.
- He acted over 307 movies.
- BR Chopra was the first man in the Industry who noticed his talent.
- His first break as an actor in the film Daasi from the Lahore filmmaker Dalsukh Pancholi.
- He was paid only Rs 80 for his part in the movie Daasi.