- Latest Update: December 12, 2020 4:09 pm
He was an Indian Film Actor, Film Producer, Television Actor, Singer, Playback Singer & Politician known for his work in the Bollywood industry.
|Other Name:||Jatin Khanna, Kaka, RK, 1st Superstar of Hindi Cinema, Original King of Romance, Original Superstar|
|Other Professions:||Film Producer Playback Singer Politician Singer Television Actor|
Rajesh Khanna Biography, Relationship & Career
Rajesh Khanna with a real birth name as “Jatin Khanna” was adopted and brought up by Leelawati Khanna and Chunnilal Khanna.
He along with his adoptive parents lived in Bombay. Khanna completed his college-level education at St. Sebastian’s Goan High School. There he made friends with Ravi Kapoor( Actor Jeetendra). This is the place where he started taking interest in theatre. Afterward, he attended college and obtained his BA degree in Nowrosjee Wadia College at Pune. He received his name as”Rajesh” from his uncle KK Talwar when he decided to start his film career.
As said, he created an era of his own throughout his life dedicated to Indian Cinema, Rajesh Khanna was the highest-paid actor during the period of 1970 to 1987, sharing the tag with Amitabh Bachchan from 1980 to 1987. The actor made his career debut with the film”Akhri Khat” in 1966. After that, he never looked back. He was featured in more than 168 feature films and lots of short films. He received many prestigious awards combined with India’s third-highest civilian honor ”Padma Bhushan” following his death. The actor was called an ultimate romantic hero with a larger female fan following. He delivered a few of the greatest romantic movies like Aradhana, Aan Milo Sajna, and Amar Prem. The line’Pushpa, I hate tears’ remains immortal even after his passing. Kaka’s travel to the Hindi cinema was very interesting with many rumors and celebrity stories. He had also served as a Congress Member of Parliament. Some of his memorable films include Haathi Mere Saathi, Bawarchi, and Anand among others.
Indian Cinema witnessed eras of many legendary actors who came into the industry and left an impact on the audience which Can’t be forgotten.” Rajesh Khanna”, popularly known as the “First celebrity” of Indian Cinema or”Kaka” is one such name. He’s been an inspiration to many and had a large fan following.
Lala Hiran and Chandrani Khanna were his biological parents who dwelt in Burewala (in present-day Pakistan). He married actress Dimple Kapadia in March 1973. The couple was not experiencing a joyful marriage. After the birth of the two children namely, Twinkle Khanna (Actress and wife of superstar Akshay Kumar) and Rinkle Khanna (Actress). The couple separated in 1984 but never completed the divorce proceedings. Bollywood celebrity Karan Kapadia is his nephew.
Rajesh Khanna expired on 18-07-2012 at the age of 69 years in Mumbai, Maharashtra. During their passing, he was in his bungalow (Aashirwad). His health had been worsed for a while in June 2012. Due to his health complications, he was admitted to Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai because he had been suffering from cancer and had given chemotherapy sessions.
Personal Info of Rajesh Khanna
|Address||Aashirwad Bungalow, Carter Road, Bandra, Mumbai|
|School||St Sebastian Gaon High School, Mumbai|
|College||Nowrosjee Wadia College, Pune|
Favourite things of Rajesh Khanna
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Rajesh Khanna
- He is the only actor who has a record of 15 consecutive solo hit films from 1969 to 1971 which is itself an unbroken record.
- Rajesh Khanna's first movie'Aakhri Khat' was India's entry for the Best Foreign Language Film in the 40th Oscar Academy Awards in 1967.
- The popular song'Roop Tera Mastana' from Aradhana featuring Rajesh Khanna was the first single-take song in Hindi Cinema.
- He was the first choice of Shekhar Kapoor for movie'Mr.India' which he refused and subsequently was offered to Anil Kapoor.
- The collared kurtas with rolled back sleeves"Guru kurta" came in vogue because of Rajesh Khanna.
- BBC made a special film on him in 1974 titled 'Bombay Superstar'.
- He was formally bestowed with the title "First Superstar of Indian cinema" at the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards in 2013.
- He was awarded Padma Bhushan post his passing.
- A bronze statue of him was unveiled in the Bandra Bus-stand in Mumbai on his first death anniversary.
- Indian postage stamp released a stamp of his likeness to felicitate this legendary actor couple of months after his passing.
- He is the only actor whose 74 movies completed 50 or more weeks in theatres.