- Latest Update: January 12, 2021 12:09 pm
Rohit Gurunath Sharma (born 30 April 1987) is an Indian Global cricketer who plays Mumbai in domestic cricket and captains Mumbai Indians from the Indian Premier League as a right-handed batsman and an occasional right-arm off break bowler. He’s the vice-captain of this Indian national group in limited-overs formats. He’s one of the most decorated contemporary batsmen from the limited-overs format of this game.
Outside cricket, Sharma is an energetic supporter of animal welfare campaigns. He’s the official Rhino Ambassador for WWF-India and is a part of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). He’s worked with PETA in its campaign to increase awareness of the plight of homeless dogs and cats in India.
|Other Name:||Rohit Gurunath Sharma, Hitman, Shaana, Brothaman|
Rohit Sharma Biography, Relationship & Career
Rohit Sharma percolates batting ability: the ability to discover the gaps, malleable wrists, and those heaves over midwicket. However, plenty of cricket specialists questioned his commitment and he was the one to be blamed for. He made his debut in 2007 but was in and out of the side of the national team for another six decades. His fortunes changed after he had been asked to open the innings with Shikhar Dhawan. He scored runs at will at the ICC Champions Trophy and followed it up in the bilateral series against Australia. He scored an ODI double hundred in that show and eventually fixed his status in the national group. After such wonderful performances in ODI’s, he was eventually given a test cap after representing India in over 100 ODI’s. In 2014, when Sri Lanka toured India, he became the first batsman in the history of ODI cricket to hit ODI double-hundreds, after he smashed the record for the maximum score with 264 in the Eden Gardens.
Then came the ICC 2015 Cricket World Cup and Rohit was India’s second greatest run-scorer, which comprised a match-winning 137 against Bangladesh in the quarter-finals, further cementing his place in the top order. He has an excellent home year in 2016 and 2017 and he also became one of the few players that scored over 1000 ODI runs this season. He was also appointed as the vice-captain of the Indian cricket team and after Virat Kohli has chosen for a break from the forthcoming Sri Lanka series, he’s all set to make his debut as a captain of the ODI team in the upcoming series against Sri Lanka.
In IPL, after representing Deccan Chargers for the first few seasons, he was roped in by Mumbai Indians in 2011 and he was made the captain in 2012. He added another feather to his illustrious career after he led Mumbai Indians to lift the coveted trophy not once but four times. Not only with captaincy but as a batsman also, he’s made some useful contributions and that’s why Mumbai Indians is such a successful facet from the IPL.
Body Measurements of Rohit Sharma
Personal Info of Rohit Sharma
|Address||Ahuja Towers, Worli, Mumbai|
|School||Swami Vivekanand International School and Junior College, Mumbai Our Lady of Vailankanni High School, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Watching movies, Traveling and Playing Video Games|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Rohit Sharma
- His mother, Purnima is from Vizag and hencehe can fluently speak in Telugu, also.
- Rohit began his career as an off-spinner but it was his trainer Dinesh Lad who discovered his batting prowess and encouraged him up the order so he can hone his batting abilities.
- Since he did not hail from a eventually sound break ground, he was given a scholarship on his cricket skills.
- He without anyone's understanding bunked the school so he can satisfy his batting hero Virender Sehwag.
- Rohit enjoys eating eggs but because he belongs to a Brahmin family so he had to go outside to swallow eggs.
- His buddy once challenged him to consume 45 eggs and he won the challenge without much of an attempt.
- He cheats his diet program for Aloo Parathas as they're his favorite food item.
- He's a massive fan of soccer club Manchester United.
- He is the only player who has scored three double countless ODIs.
- He became just the second ODI captain after Virender Sehwag to score a double hundred.
- He is the only cricketer to have scored 5 centuries in one edition of World Cup.