- Latest Update: December 22, 2020 6:08 pm
Sridevi Kapoor, the Hawa Hawaii woman of Bollywood cinema, was born on 13-08-1963 in Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, India. She’s an Indian Film Actress & Film Producer who well known for her work in Bollywood, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam & Kannada cinema.
|Other Name:||Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan|
|Other Professions:||Film Producer|
Sridevi Kapoor Biography, Relationship & Career
Being recognized as the first female Super Star of Indian Cinema, Sridevi began her career as a child artist at age Four decades. The multi-talented actress has worked in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada movies besides Hindi cinema. She dominated Indian Cinema from 1967-1997 and gave quite powerful and inspiring movies to the Bollywood and Indian entertainment businesses.
Beginning her career as a child artist in the Tamil film’Thunaivan’ in 1969, she went on to act in over 300 movies in her career. Her Bollywood debut as a child artist was using the film Julie in 1975. Her first adult role was at age 13 for the movie’Moondru Mudichu’. She got immense recognition in the Bollywood industry with her performance in the movie’Himmatwala’. After taking a break, she returned with a direct role in the film English Vinglish’ in 2012. Her final appearance was in her 300th movie mother’ in 2017, which earned critical acclaim.
Sridevi in her illustrious career that was spread across 4 decades, won five Filmfare awards in her career. She was awarded the Padma Shri award from the Government of India in 2013. Called the first female celebrity’ in Indian Cinema, Sridevi has starred in Indian films across Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam, and Tamil languages.
Sridevi Kapoor expired on 24-02-2018 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. She died at age 54 because of cardiac arrest. Following her death, people from all fields revealed their condolences on social networking.
She had been born to Ayyapan Yanger and Rajeswari Yanger. She has two sisters a brother called Satish Yanger and a sister called Srilatha Yanger. She had a love affair with the actor Mithun Chakraborty for which they’d married secretly in 1985. She subsequently married Boney Kapoor in 1996.
Personal Info of Sridevi Kapoor
|Address||Sea Springs, Bungalow No.2, 7 Bungalows, Andheri West, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Dancing and Listening to music|
Favourite things of Sridevi Kapoor
|Favorite food||Vanila Ice Cream, and Rasam Rice|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Sridevi Kapoor
- Thoygh she isn't a trained dancer, she's considered among the best dancers in the business.
- She acted in almost 300 movies in her career.
- Her online pairing with Jeetendra was well known and they worked in 16 movies.
- She appeared on several magazine covers such as Hi Blitz, Marie Clarie, Vogue and many others.
- She was named one of'India's Greatest Actresses in 100 Years' by CNN-IBN.
- Her birth name was Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan.
- She was down with 103 degrees fever when shooting Chalbaaz's famous tune'Na Jaane Kaha Se Aayi Hai'.
- She's also done playback singing in her movies like Chandni(1989) and Kshana Kshanam (1991) among others.
- Veteran singer Kavita Krishnamurthy has given voice to the majority of her hit songs.