- Latest Update: January 12, 2021 1:11 pm
Sumalatha is an Indian Film Actress, popular mostly from the Malayalam Cinema. She was born on 27th August 1963 in Chennai, India and has done films in Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil and Hindi.
|Other Name:||Sumalatha Ambarish|
Sumalatha Biography, Relationship & Career
Sumalatha acting travel began in 1979 when she won the Andhra-Pradesh Beauty Contest and her pictures were published on the cover of a magazine. Subsequently D. Ramanaidu (Tamil filmmaker) to revealed interest to throw her in his upcoming Tamil movie Thisai Maariya Paravaigal and on the point of her acting in the film, she offered a signing amount of Rs 1000. Thus, this way she could make her acting debut in movies. For her debuting movie, she won her career first award of Devar’s Best New Face Award.
In the same year, she signed her debuted Tollywood movie Samajaniki Saval.In another year, she made her debut in Malayalam and Kannada through the movies Ravichandra(Kannada) and Moorkhan (Malayalam). In addition in 1988, she made her debut in Jeetendra’s starring Hindi movie New Delhi in which she played the lead role of Maria Fernandes. In the early phase of her career, she worked with many Southern superstars like Rajnikanth. To whom she’s worked in more quantity of films after Rati Agnihotri. And this duo pair appeared in the movies like Kazhugu and Murattu Kaalai. She played the lead actress of the Malayalam legendary actor Jayan’s in the films like Moorkhan and Kolilakkam -1981, which was Jayan’s last film. Her most notable roles in Malayalam films such as Nirakkoottu, Thazhvaram, and Isabella.
In 1987, she appeared in the Telugu film Shruti layalu opposite Rajasekhar and her once again coinage from the Tollywood by her unmatched acting capacity and won the Nandi award (Best Actress) and Film Fans Award for Best Actress. Moreover, in Kannada films, she appeared in most of the movies with Superstar Rajkumar such as Kallarali Hoovagi, Aahuti, Ravichandran, Avatara Purusha, Karna, and Tayi Kanasu. Since 1979, she appeared in more than 200 films such as Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada. She is the star character of the South film market. And in 1991, she married a Politician and legendary Kannada actor Ambareesh. Following her husband’s death, she also joined politics. She denied a ticket by JDS decided to contest the election independently from the 2019 general elections. She was among the few independent candidates who won in the 2019 General elections.
She was born to V. Madan Mohan and V. Roopa Mohan. She has a brother named Rajender Prasad. She was married to actor Ambareesh till his death in 2018. She has a son named Abhishek Ambareesh.
Body Measurements of Sumalatha
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Personal Info of Sumalatha
|Address||Madras, Tamil Nadu, India|
Favourite things of Sumalatha
|Favorite color||Black, Red|
|Favorite food||Fish Curry|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Sumalatha
- She won Film Fans Award for Best Actress for the film New Delhi (Hindi) and Lux Award for Best Actress: New Delhi (Malayalam) and Kerala Film Critics Award for Best Actress: New Delhi (Malayalam).
- She married Kannada actor and politician Ambareesh in 1991.
- At age 15, she started her acting career through the Tamil movie Thisai Maariya Paravaigal.
- She appeared in over 200 films such as Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada.
- She allegedly speaks six languages and from that in five languages she worked.
- Her most remembered role was Clara in the P. Padmarajan directed film Thoovanathumbikal in 1987. And this film was ranked at 8 by IBN Live at the list of best Indian movies of all time.