- Latest Update: January 12, 2021 1:43 pm
Tanuja Mukherjee, a veteran Indian beauty was born on 23-09-1943 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She’s a popular Indian actress who has predominantly worked in the Hindi Cinema.
|Other Name:||Tanuja Samarth, Tanuja|
Tanuja Mukherjee Biography, Relationship & Career
Tanuja Mukherjee was born at a filmy family in Mumbai. Her father Kumarsen Samarth was a famous poet and a movie director and her mother Shobhana Samarth was an actress. Her elder sister Nutan was also a noted actress. She completed her school level education from St Joseph’s School in Panchgani and from St George’s School in Switzerland.
Her sister Nutan who was already an established actress in the industry, helped her get characters in movies. She was credited as Baby Tanuja during her child artist’s roles. She made her full-fledged acting career with the film titled Chhabili in the year 1960. Her sister Nutan was the lead actress in this movie and her mother Shobhana was director of this film. Soon, she began getting lead roles and among all the films that she did, her films like Haathi Mere Saathi and Jeene Ki Raah were among the biggest hits of her acting career.
Along with lead, she also played some award-winning supporting roles in films like Jewel Thief and Paisa Ya Pyar. Together with Hindi movies, she also made a career and niche for herself in Bengali movies as well. She left her Bengali film debut with the movie titled Deya Neya in the year 1963. She was cast opposite Bengali film industry’s superstar Uttam Kumar in this movie. She then appeared in several hit Bengali movies like Rajkumari and Anthony-Firingee. After her marriage, she retired from the business but post-separation with her husband, she made a comeback playing supporting roles. She recently made her Marathi film debut with the movie titled Pitruroon in 2013. For her performance as a widow in this movie, she won herself Best Actress Award for Marathi Movies.
She also appeared as a judge on the fact dance series called Rock-N-Roll Family. She judged the series alongside her daughter Kajol and Son-in-law Ajay Devgan.
Personal Info of Tanuja Mukherjee
|Address||Santa Cruz, Mumbai, India|
|School||St, Joseph's, Panchgani, India & St. Geroge's Switzerland|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies and Reading|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Tanuja Mukherjee
- Tanuja hated studies but was fond of learning new languages and throughout her time in Switzerland, she wrote letters to her father in the German language.
- She was just 16 years old when she made her acting debut.
- She attended college as her family had been facing some financial catastrophe.
- She and her husband Shomu Mukherjee separated after 10 years of their marriage but never registered divorce.
- She was a chain smoker and used to smoke in public as well.
- She's also a social activist, and it has joined hands with Lonavala-Khandala taxpayers forum. This organization raise voice for environmental issues in the hill areas.