V. V. S. Laxman
- Latest Update: January 12, 2021 2:37 pm
V. V. S. Laxman
V. V. S. Laxman was born on 01-11-1974 in Hyderabad in the state of Telangana, India. He’s a former Indian Cricket Player & Commentator.
V. V. S. Laxman Biography, Relationship & Career
In his best of times, he was a treat to watch. Sinuous, Willowy, and Wristy, he regularly surpassed the greatest of players like Dravid or Tendulkar in terms of strokeplay. He took cricket taking inspiration from two former Hyderabadi legends, Mohd, Azharuddin, and Gundappa Viswanath. He was arguably among the most gifted players and his knack of hitting any ball into the on-side using writs earned him the name, “Very Very Special Laxman”.
After making his first-class introduction from the 1992/93 domestic season, it took him about 4 years to finally push selectors to make him draft in the national team. He was drafted in the ODI squad in 1998 which was his first full-length excursion. He made a name for himself after a 300+ venture stands with legendary Rahul Dravid in the Kolkata Test. His innings of 281 were hailed as one of the best by plenty of cricket pundits. He played some of his nest knocks against the Australians and became just the second player after Sachin Tendulkar to score over 2000 test runs.
His test cricket was scaling new highs while he was watching an ignorant coverage from selectors on his limited-overs position. Even after scoring some lively winnings, he had been dropped from the side and played his final One Day 6 years before he finally called it a day in the year 2012 after some eyebrows were raised on his place in the side.
Following retirement, he was drafted in BCCI’s Hindi comment panel and is seen doing Hindi comments in India’s matches. He is also appointed as a mentor of the newly formed IPL team Sunrisers Hyderabad. During his term as a mentor, the Sunrisers Hyderabad won the IPL title in the 9th edition of the tournament in 2016.
He had been born to V. Shantaram and V. Satyabhama. He has a brother named VVS RamakrishnaVVS Ramakrishna. He tied the nuptial knot with G. R. Sailaja in 2004. They together have a daughter named Achinthya Laxman and a boy called Sarvajit Laxman.
Personal Info of V. V. S. Laxman
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About V. V. S. Laxman
- Laxman, whose parents are doctors, had to make a decision between a medical profession and playing cricket. He opted for the willow over the stethoscope and made his mark as one of India's best cricketers.
- Though Hyderabad is famous for it's 'Dum Biryani', Laxman is a strict vegetarian. Laxman loves 'rasam' made in the typical South Indian style. He likes to have an outing at Southern Spice, a restaurant very near his house.
- Laxman has other interests apart from cricket. He likes playing table tennis, squash and badminton during his spare time. Sai Bodha includes preachings, teachings as well as the philosophies of Sai Baba as stated in the Sai Satcharita.
- Laxman played his first U-19 global game in exactly the identical game where Brett Lee represented Australia for the very first time. Laxman tormented the Aussies in that particular series.
- Laxman, interestingly, began and ended his 86-match ODI career with a duck. On his debut, he had been dismissed on the third ball against Zimbabwe while he didn't trouble the scorers on his final appearance too!
- He is a huge fan of Aamir Khan. Laxman is also said to be a enormous follower of Aamir's reality TV series'Satyamev Jayate'.